Ricerca di personale
- Tecnici-Commerciali per le regioni del NORD ITALIA
- Agente commerciale
- Tomato Breeder (H/F)
- Junior / Senior Export Manager
- Pre & Post Harvest Assistant Technician
- Tecnici commerciali/ agenti di commercio
- Tecnico commerciale in diverse regioni italiane
- Tecnico/commerciale per le province di Ragusa, Siracusa e Agrigento
- Agenti mono/plurimandatari in Emilia-Romagna, Veneto, Trentino Alto Adige
- Tecnico/Commerciale per regioni Lazio, Toscana e Umbria
Top 5 -ieri
Top 5 -ultima settimana
Top 5 -ultimo mese
Pre & Post Harvest Assistant Technician
Zespri is searching for a:
Pre & Post Harvest Assistant Technician
Italy, France & Greece are key supply regions for Zesprìs northern hemisphere production program. To support this production platform, it is important that Zespri identifies the best possible cultivars for this production region and the best orchard and post-harvest practices for each cultivar. To achieve this requires robust testing and evaluation of cultivars through the entire supply chain. There are two general areas where evaluation and testing occur that require technical support and expertise:
- On orchard (Clonal, Pre-Commercial and Commercial orchards)
- Post-harvest. This role will flex between these three areas as required throughout the annual growing cycle with the primary focus being in the On-Orchard space.
This role is based in Aprilia, Latina and reports to the Orchard Innovation Team leader in Europe. The role will have three main areas of accountability:
- Sampling and data gathering
- Data management, analysis and reporting
- Project progress tracking and communication. The main projects are focused on improving kiwifruit orchard management in Italy, but the scope of the role can include all mentioned areas. The role will require time to be spent in the offices, at packhouses and in the field primarily in Italy with the possibility of travel required to France & Greece
Accountabilities - Specific tasks
- Assist with the delivery of ongoing research projects focused on improving orchard productivity of kiwifruit.
- Arrange and support the collection of several samples (soil, fruit, etc.) from selected orchards.
- Collect orchard data manually and through sensors to analyze in regular basis.
- Discuss data with research providers and partners (growers, technicians) to adapt orchard management in daily basis with a focus on improving soil and water management.
- Apply the treatment protocols as described in the Project Descriptions (PD).
- Measure or arrange for measurement of the variables in the PD.
- Assist postharvest assessments over the duration of the experiments.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations of the results.
- Assist in producing final written reports.
- Organize quarterly workshops and communicate research progress and outcomes to next users and partners.
- Complete other projects or tasks as required.
- Ensure Zespri polices including Health and Safety are followed at all times.
- Diploma or Tertiary Education in Agronomy or related field of study.
- Communication skills and capacity to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Demonstrated experience on analyzing big sets of data.
- Ability to work outside during high summer temperatures.
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive.
- Fluent in Italian and English.
- Experience in kiwifruit, irrigation, nutrition and soil management would be an asset.
- Experience in field agronomics and technology preferred.
- Technical Capability
- Able to learn and perform fruit quality measurements on Kiwifruit.
- Good Microsoft Office and statistics skills and able to analyze big sets of data.
- Ability to prepare graphs and present PowerPoint presentations and a full technical report.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and develop sound processes and procedures.
- Able to develop strong working relationships with a range of different stakeholders and partners.
- Able to work on orchards in a daily basis and perform physical tasks.
- Building rapport and positive working relationships with others, providing support and adding value to the team through own contribution
Drive for results
Achieving personal work goals and objectives through determination, perseverance and a structured approach.
Innovation & Change
Being resilient to change, generating new ideas and a willingness to take on new or unfamiliar tasks.
Building and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders by understanding their needs.
Communicating own ideas clearly and confidently sharing own insights and opinions.
Understanding and resolving problems through effective judgment based in accurate interpretation of different information sources.
Interested? Please apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org